Liver Cleanse – Case of 12
Liver Cleanse is a dietary supplement with a comprehensive formula designed to support liver health and detoxification functions.
Liver Cleanse is a dietary supplement with a comprehensive formula designed to support liver health and detoxification functions in the following ways:
- Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification*
- Fat metabolism*
- Antioxidant protection*
- Glutathione production*
Phase I detoxification involves a group of enzymes, known as the cytochrome P450 family, which are all imbedded in healthy cell membranes of liver cells. When cytochrome P450 metabolizes a toxin, it chemically transforms it to a less toxic form, and/or makes it water soluble for the Phase II enzymes.
Phase II detoxification involves a process called conjugation, which neutralizes the toxin and makes it easily excreted through the urine or bile. There are six Phase II detoxification pathways; glutathione conjugation, amino acid (namely glycine) conjugation, methylation, sulfation, acetylation and glucuronidation.
Phase I detoxification support:
- Choline and Inositol are necessary components of all cell membranes.* It is essential for the membranes of liver cells to be healthy in order to support the Cytochrome P450 enzymes. Choline and Inositol also support fat and cholesterol metabolism within the liver.*
- DIM (diindolylmethane) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli or cauliflower. It has been found to support both Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification as well as the detoxification of estrogen metabolites.*
- Biotin is a B vitamin which aids in cell growth, fat metabolism and energy generation.*
Phase II detoxification support:
- Calcium glucarate is a buffered source of glucaronic acid which supports glucuronidation.* The glucuronidation process aids the body in detoxifying and eliminating fungal toxins, steroid hormones and automobile exhaust.
- Milk Thistle is an herb that has been used traditionally for liver health.* Its active constituent, silybin, acts as an antioxidant, supports glutathione levels and normal liver cell regeneration.*
- L-Methionine is an amino acid necessary for the production of SAMe and the methylation pathway. Methionine is a sulfur- containing amino acid that aids in fat metabolism and glutathione production.*
- N-Acetyl Cysteine is a derivative of the amino acid cysteine. Cysteine is an important amino acid for the formation of glutathione.*
- L-Glycine is important for the amino acid conjugation path way which is used to combine with and neutralize unwanted substances.* Those individuals on a low protein diet may become deficient in the glycine conjugation pathway when chronically exposed to toxins.*
- Alpha lipoic acid is a fat and water soluble antioxidant that may help recycle other natural antioxidants involved in liver metabolism.*
- Turmeric is an herb that has been used in traditional medicine in India for centuries.* Turmeric has a rich store of antioxidants which help to protect cells from free radicals.* It has also been shown to support gallbladder function, an important organ involved in the storage and release of bile.*